A Travel Log which is also called a travel or road journal is a written or documented proof to record every step of your journey i.e. places, destinations important milestones. Whenever someone goes on a road trip or travel to another place, he always wants to share the excitement with his family and friends after the trip is over. But it’s not possible or that easy to remember every place, point or destinations all by yourself without any external help so it’s essential that you keep all the record in written form. This way you can take notes, put names of important places in the book and remember amazing stuff about a particular destination and once you are back, you can easily share those moments with your friends and family.
A Travel Log is just a piece of paper on which you write according to your convenience. You can do it on a simple sheet or type it on your computer, laptop or cell phone. If you have access to internet, it’s very easy to record every destination with its coordinates and important history about it. Also it’s not just a personal thing to record your travel information as there are some employees who are hired to travel. They are required to record every detail of their voyage in a documented form so that you can pass it on to your superiors or other staff members. There are some firms like a magazine or newspaper that hire travelling staff to travel to different destinations to gather information or to report important incidents. Also there are some organizations that offer their web portal visitors to look for any destination in the world or to find interesting stuff about it. This way, they travel to different places to get interesting information which later will be placed on the official website of that company.
There are many websites that offer you to create a Travel Log free of cost and it’s also very easy if you don’t want to do much effort. Although you have to do it on the internet so it will be a problem if you don’t have any access to internet. Also you can do it by yourself at home by using just a paper and pen or do it on computer by creating a new spreadsheet which will be used as a log in the future. The log may vary according to the type of travelling or the purpose but generally it contains the name of the destination, its coordinates, date of the visit, important stuff about that destination and special comments if any.
Here is preview of this Free Sample Travel Log Template created using MS Excel,
General uses of a Travel Log in our daily lives:
- A travel log is the best way of inspiration both during and after the trip or travelling.
- It’s the best way to remember or recall different places or interesting facts about a destination.
- If you are going to a lot of places, by keeping a travel journal, you can remember each and every detail about the travelling or the places.
- This way you will have saved stories to share with your family and friends around special occasions like Christmas or New Year.
- If one of your friends is going on a trip too, you can tell him about the best places to stay, eat and visit. Also once you have saved it all, it’s very easy to tell someone about a particular culture or local rules and regulations.