An office staff attendance sheet is a document on which the presence or absence of the employees in an office is recorded. This is a simple document that includes the names of the employees in an office. When an employee is present in the office on a certain day, a mark is put in front of his name on the specific date. In the same manner, if an employee is absent from the office, a different mark for indicating the absence is put on the specific day of the month. Depending on the company and its rules and regulations, there can be a weekly or monthly attendance sheet. Usually weekly attendance sheets are used in the companies and manufacturing units where the workers and employees are paid on weekly basis or daily wages.
Purpose of using Office Staff Attendance Sheet:
It is quite obvious that with the office staff attendance sheet, the manager or supervisor can easily keep track of the employees according to their presence and absence. This sheet also makes it easy for the owner or CEO of the company to evaluate which staff members are regular and which ones take more personal days from the office. The key importance of this sheet is that the manager or the supervisor doesn’t need to be in the office all the time in order to see how many employees are present and how many of them are absent but he can take a look at the attendance sheet at the end of the day or at the end of each month to calculate the presents and absents of each employee.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Office Staff Attendance Sheet Template,
Essential elements to include in the Office Staff Attendance Sheet:
- Name of the company
- Name of the department or division that will use the attendance sheet
- Name of the manager or supervisor of the department
- Total number of employees that work in the department
- First column on the sheet for the names of employees
- Separate column for each day of the month in front of the name of each employee
- Last column for the total number or presents and absents of each employee
- Signature area for the supervisor or manager of the department
Useful tips for creating Office Staff Attendance Sheet:
- Count the number of employees and include their names:
Before you put anything on the attendance sheet, count the number of employees in the office and put their names on the first column on the attendance sheet.
- Make separate columns for each day of the month:
When entering column for the days, add the columns as per the days in the month i.e. 30 or 31.
- Add an extra column at the end for total count:
When the count of columns as per days of each month are completed, add an extra column at the end of the sheet for the total count of presents and absents of each employee.
- Add a signature area for the supervisor or manager:
At the end of the sheet, you need to add some space where the supervisor or manager can put their signature.