The teacher’s attendance sheet is a tool used by the schools, colleges and other educational institutes to record the attendance of the teaching staff in the institute including the teachers, lecturers and professors. This is a simple document on which multiple columns are made. The first column on the sheet is for the names of all teachers that teach in the institute. After that, there are either 30 or 31 columns for each day of the month and at the end, there is an additional column that is used to put total number of attendance of each teacher. It is very simple to create this attendance sheet and if you don’t want to use a sheet available on internet, just by following the simple guidelines, you can create this sheet for yourself.
Essential Elements to include in the Teachers Attendance Sheet:
- Name of the school/college or university that will use the attendance sheet
- Name of the department or division in the institute that will use the sheet
- Name of the head of the department along with the name of the principal of the institute
- Total number of teachers that teach in the institute
- First column on the sheet for the names of teachers
- Separate column for each day of the month in front of the name of each teacher
- Last column for the total number or presents and absents of each teachers
- Signature area for the head of the department or the principal
Here is preview of a Free Sample Teacher Attendance Sheet Template created using MS Word,
Useful tips for creating the Teachers Attendance Sheet:
- Evaluate what kind of attendance sheet you want for your institute:
Before you add anything on the attendance sheet, figure out what kind of attendance sheet you want for your school or college. You can use a common monthly attendance sheet or you can also use the weekly attendance sheet depending on what you require. This is important because the format of the entire sheet depends on this choice.
- Count the number of teachers in the institute:
After that, you need to count the total number of teachers, professors, lecturers and other employees that work in the institute so that you can include their names on the attendance sheet. You need to make as much rows on the sheet as the number of teachers in your school. For example, if there are 20 teachers teach in the institute, you will include 20 rows on the attendance sheet dedicating one separate row for each teacher.
- Include names of all teachers in the first column on the sheet:
Then you need to include the names of the teachers in the first column on the left. You can also use an additional column for serial number but it is not mandatory.
- Add an additional column at the end for total number to count:
After adding the column for names and the remaining columns for each day of the month, add an additional column for the total number of attendance at the end of the month. This last column can also be used for indicating the total number of presents and absents at the same time.