Download these 24 Free Office Sublease Agreement Templates to assist you in drafting a legal Office Sublease Agreement on the fly. Optionally, you can also check out my collection of Rental Agreement Templates as well.
Office sublease agreement basically means rental contract between the tenant who has already lease to a commercial property or office. The sublease wishes to use all the tenant’s property or part of that property’s space.
In the sublease agreement the tenant put his certain rights that he already holds the leased property. The sublease pays his rent rightly to the tenant to share the space or office or take the entire space or office from the tenant.
Difference Between a Lease And Sublease Agreement
It is important to note that there is big difference between a Lease and Sublease Agreement. It has its own complications. Here is good video tutorial that can explain it further.
Free Office Sublease Agreement Templates
Here are previews and download links for these Free Sample Office Sublease Agreement Templates.
Terms and Conditions of the Office Sublease Agreement
- All the terms and conditions should be in clear and in simple wording.
- Monthly rent of the tenant should be stated in the contract. Additional rents, security deposits, and any additional insurance premiums to the land lords should also be mentioned.
- The contract also states that the tenant is taking the office in “as is” order.
- If the tenant’s has deposited the security to the land lord, it should be mentioned.
- It is tenant’s duty to keep the office in neat, working and functioning condition. If any damage is caused to the office by tenant or tenant’s employees, then he will pay the expenses.
- In the agreement the tenant have the right to sue the land lord, if he breaks the contract without any reason.
- If the commercial office is burned by fire, or any damage done to the office not by the tenant or his employees. It’s his responsibility to inform the owner at once.
- The land lord has the right to make alterations in the office.
- If the tenant is found default y of any terms and conditions, Land lord can ask him to ask fees and expenses with entrust.
- Land lord and his servants can inspect the office at any time.
- The agreement hold’s tenant right of basic services of electricity, water and gas.
- Land lord will not be responsible for any kind of theft, loss or damage caused to the tenant’s office.
- In the contract the tenant also guarantees his use of electricity will not exceed than the capacity.
- Tenant also give guarantees he will not create any kind disturbance and he would place his office equipment according to the certificate of occupancy.
- If the office is taken by the government, automatically the sublease agreement would be terminate.
- The lease will be canceled, if the tenant’s or any of his client is involved in bankruptcy.
- Tenant is obligated to land lord for liquidated damages, in case of being a default y.
- Tenant should surrender the office in neat, working and functioning condition.
Office Sublease Agreement Common Mistakes
- Do not rush, take some time to find a suitable office for yourself.
- Also calculate how much the lease is monthly is going to cost you.
- Think who is going to pay for the renovation and maintenance charges.
- What happens if a lease agreement ends up badly, also think before taking the office.
Tips to make Office Sublease Agreement Effective
- Never buy the first place, look for more places so you can find the right place for your business.
- The owner never want their offices to be empty, so always negotiate according to your terms.