The secret behind a healthy life is the food that we eat and research shows that the lesser we eat spicy foods, the better our health will be. There are many factors that affect a human’s health such as the food he eats, air he inhales, water he drinks or what’s the condition of his heart, lungs, kidneys and blood. Blood pressure is one of the most important elements in a human’s life as we are living just because the heart is pumping the blood to vessels and body organs at an ideal speed and pressure. Whenever that speed varies, goes up or down, there is a danger to that person’s life as low blood pressure will eventually stop the heart from pumping the blood and high blood pressure will intimately result into bursting a vein or blood vessel inside the body. This is the main reason that we take it very seriously if someone tells us that he or she has a blood pressure problem. There are many reasons of having a high or low blood pressure but uneven diet or eating spicy food very often is like the main and most important reason among all.
If a person takes care of himself in a good way and constantly keeps an eye on his BP, blood pressure is not a fatal or incurable illness but there are thousand ways to avoid having blood pressure or removing it forever. But the most important thing is to keep a constant record of the blood pressure after a specific duration of time such as 6 hours, 15 hours or 1 day. To do so, here is the most effective and efficient tool which is called blood pressure tracker. It’s a spreadsheet which you can easily download from the above given web address. Unlike most of other programs, it’s free of cost and you don’t need to be an expert of computer or calculations.
Here is preview of this Blood Pressure Tracker Template created using MS Excel,
Here are the Steps to operate a Blood Pressure Tracker:
- As you open the spreadsheet in Excel you will see that it’s pretty easy and there are no complications apparently.
- First of all, you need to enter your or patient’s name at the start of the page in cell D4. This means you can use this sheet for more than one patient and as many times as you want.
- As the ideal pressure varies according to the age, you need to consult your physician in order to find out your ideal blood pressure and enter both the Systolic and Diastolic in D7 and E7 respectively.
- Below that enter the upper and lower limits of BP or alarm points and if the blood pressure is above or below any one of them, the result will be shown into red color so that the caretaker has some idea to call the doctor. It is put in D10 and E10.
- Below that, put the physician’s number in case of any emergency in D12.
- The first column is to enter the date when you checked the pressure starting from B15. In the next column, you need to enter the time of the day when you checked the pressure such as morning, noon or evening and it starts from E12.
- The next two columns are to put the lower and upper blood pressure as shown by the equipment you are using. If it’s below or above the “Call the doctor” limits, it will show in red color and you can immediately understand that it’s time to call someone.