People are very busy in their lives these days and most of them don’t have time for the important things to do. That doesn’t mean that they actually don’t have time but it simply means that they don’t manage their work activities properly, so they always end up complaining the dozens of tasks and only a few spare hours. A daily to do list is a document that helps you in the above discussed situation by managing your all-day work activities and providing a short description of every task in case you forget something. There are many computer programs that can be used for this purpose, but the problem is that most of them are very expensive and the rest of them are too complicated. But the good news is that you don’t need a computer or software for doing so but you can prepare to do list at the start of each day by using just a paper and pen.
Daily To Do List Format
There is no way to provide a list of the elements of a daily to do list because the personal tasks vary according to each person and his usual activities. For example, a working person has totally different tasks as compared to a housewife or a person who runs his own shop. But typically, a daily to do list includes the following elements such as:
- Names and small descriptions of all the tasks that need to be done by the day
- Estimated time for each of those tasks
- Money you will need to finish each task
- Name of a person who can also do each stuff in case you are not available or busy in some other work
Daily To Do List Benefits:
The first benefit of having to do list helps you to manage your all day work activities. This way you can estimate how much time you will need to do all of that stuff and how much spare time you will have after doing all that. This way you can give priority to those tasks which can’t be delayed or postponed and need to be done as soon as possible. For example your dentist appointment can wait for a day or two but you first need to fix the leakage in the basement of your house because it’s more urgent. Also when you make this list, you know that you only have half an hour to spend in the grocery store so you pick up the necessary stuff and don’t waste time looking at the aisles and shelves for the items you don’t need.
Daily To Do List Guidelines:
- First of all, take a rough page and enlist all the tasks you are going to do for the rest of the day and then see which one of them can be done in any time of the day and which ones need to be completed before a specific time. This way you can give priority to those tasks and put the important ones above of less important ones.
- Start by enlisting all the tasks or a little description of each task on the left side of the page with serial numbers.
- Then put an estimated time of each task that you think you will take to complete it. This way you can find how much time you will need to complete all of them and if any task can be done in lesser time.
- Then provide the specific time of the day for each task according to your own needs and situations.
Underline those tasks that need to be done by the end of the day and leave those which can be done tomorrow. This way if you don’t have much time or you accidentally spent more time on a task, you can reschedule the rest of your day.